Saturday, March 14, 2009

HCG VLCD R1D3 - Down 4.8 lbs so far!

Woo-Hoo! I was down 1.6 lbs by the morning of day 2, and now I'm down another 3.2 lbs this morning, for a total of 4.8 lbs lost! This is pretty exciting. At this rate, I could break my lower weight limit by Monday. (I haven't been below 279 lbs in years...) This feels so much more rewarding than WW. WW is great, don't get me wrong, but they are all about lbs and you lose so slowly that it can be hard to stay motivated when you have a lot to lose. Also, they don't take into account loss of inches in their program AT ALL! I remember last time I was there, I couldn't get down more than about 3 lbs in the 8 weeks or so that I attended, but I dropped 2 dress sizes. Of course, you don't get positive feedback for that. You must be doing something wrong because you have only lost 3 lbs. Grrr! Well, the HCG protocol is smarter about that. I haven't redone my measurements yet. I thought I'd do those once a week. My pants are already quite a bit looser though. And OH - TOM started yesterday, and I'm still down 4.8 lbs! Can you believe it?! This is fabulous!

People have talked about trouble with headaches and hunger. I haven't had any trouble at all. I'm hungry by lunchtime, but it's a "normal" hunger. Since I eat my 500 calories between noon and 7pm, I really don't get hungry during the day. I just need to keep myself occupied in the evening so I don't want to snack out of boredom.

I think the HCG actually took away my normal PMS migrain and a lot of the cramping too, because it's been better this month. I actually woke up with a b*tch of a headache on Day 1, but it was completely gone within an hour of taking my HCG injection. (That was the type of headache that normally lasts for 3 days and Advil barely touches it...). Crazy. I don't know for sure that the HCG took it away, but whatever did, I'll take it!

P.S. I didn't feel the shot at all this morning. :) I think the only reason I felt it at all yesterday was because I think I was too close to a nerve or vein or something. I got a tiny bit of blood when the needle came out on Day 1, but they warned me that it could happen occasionally and said that it was normal and not something I need to be worried about. I'll just try to remember in the future to stay away from anyplace that looks like there might be a vein there. :) It's weird sticking a needle an inch into your leg and not feeling anything though. You keep expecting to feel something. I'm not complaining though...

No comments:

Post a Comment