Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 1

I took my first shot this morning. (Well, the first one that wasn't a practice-shot of water anyway.) I didn't notice when I picked up my supplies at the pharmacy yesterday, but I think the needles I got were just slightly larger than the one I learned with at the doctor. Not a big difference, but when I go through another round in the future, I think I'll try to remember to request the smaller one. I didn't feel mine much, but I like not feeling it at all better. :)

So days 1 & 2 are supposed to be "loading days" according to Simeon's protocol, where you consume additional fat and calories on purpose. My clinic didn't mention loading days at all, and I didn't think to ask their opinion on it at the time. I stuck to the VLCD most of the day, but did add some additional cheese and milk at dinner after considering whether I should load or not, so I sortof loaded. I wasn't terribly hungry throughout the day though. Maybe that was a mistake to not load more. The loading is supposed to help with hunger on day 3, so I wonder if people experience the hunger is because that is the first day they do VLCD or if something really kicks in from the HCG. I'm sure I"ll find out...

I also noticed that my clinic's plan has a few extra veggies listed. I'm thinking that after day 2, I should probably stick to the VLCD as described by Simeon, since he's so firm about not eating anything not on the list. There is plenty on there to eat that I like, so it should be fine that way. I haven't completely made up my mind though. I am thinking that I may add Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother) later in the round as many people have suggested that it helps keep the weight loss moving. I'm really anxious to see my weight in the am though. I'm curious if I gained, lost, or whatever.

One other difference, Simeon's plan recommends taking 1 day off per week if you have more weight to lose to keep from getting immune to the HCG for longer. My clinic didn't mention that, but did mention not taking HCG the first 3 days of my period as Simeon did. I"m actually starting mine tonight, so I'll keep taking it throughout and will maybe stop next time, and stop 1 day a week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment